Make & Take Gifts
with Pat Vermette
Instructor Pat Vermette will guide you through a new handmade item each week. Complete your gifts one at a time while learning a new technique. Please bring your sewing machine and basic supplies.
• Oct 10: Machine Check and Ruler Play – Start this series right by learning some tricks to keeping your machine running top notch and explore some of the new time saving rulers you will want to use over and over.
• Oct 17 & 24: English Paper-Piecing – We will take paper piecing beyond the hexagon to make some coasters the first week and continue into the second week exploring “English paper piecing” and making a Christmas decoration to take home.
• Oct 31: Mystery Night – Come if you dare!
• Nov 14: Learn to Make a “Paper-Pieced” Star – This may be used as a decoration! You’ll get lots of tips and techniques to make any paper-pieced project easier.
• Nov 21: Make an Appliqué Picture Block – Fast and fun way to use treasured photos! Pictures can be stand alone or to make a quilt, wall hanging, table runner, decorate bags and clothes, or anything else you can imagine.
• Dec 12: Keeping Your Points – Learn how to create blocks with sharp points while making your new favorite hot mat.
• Dec 19: Making Ornaments/Tags – Wrap up this series with this fun crafting session and celebrate your new skills!
• Jan 9: Learn to Make a “Bow Tie Block” – We’ll incorporate this block into a placemat for this class. It is so much fun to make and it can be used in a beautiful quilt or a tote bag as well.
You can opt to drop in on a weekly basis or attend all 9 sessions at a discounted rate. Weekly drop-in fee $10 (Seniors $8)
All 9 Sessions $70 (Seniors $35)
Oct 10th, 2019 - Jan 9th, 2020
Thu from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
NOBLE HIGH SCHOOL
388 Somersworth Rd.
North Berwick, ME 03906 Get directions