Quilt as You Sew
with BECKY HANSON
This is an absolutely beautiful quilt and perfect to use up scraps or go with theme fabric. Using assorted solid or mottled fabric for backing works well. By spending a little time on prep these large blocks sew together very quickly to create this double-sided quilt. You choose the size... table runner-crib size... full quilt; it's up to you. The fun part is with the curved edges, you can continue to add to the quilt at any time! You will want to use flannel as batting as regular batting is too thick.
Material list as follows:
- Fabric: scraps 13”sqs or yardage amount depends on your chosen size..quilt is perfect to add onto at anytime.
- Focal fabric for front. Use a theme like paisley, animals, or just use scraps.
- Back fabric. You can use a plain or molted fabric for back. Be sure there is contrast from front/back. .(I wash all my fabric)
- Batting: TIP... I used flannel fabric for batting. (Quilt would be too heavy with Warm & Natural.) Please wash/dry/iron flannel to avoid shrinkage.
- Sample Quilt: There is a sample at the adult education office. ..I think my quilt might have 42 or 49 circles.
- Do ahead if you want to make a larger piece over the two weeks. Template cut 12 ¾” circle …… 8 ½”sq …... I cut mine out of poster board. Focal fabric, batting (flannel) and backing will be cut all the same size. *If you use other than flannel it has to be cut 12 ½” and sprayed with adhesive to keep it in place.
- Disappearing marker
Thu for 2 weeks from 6:00 - 8:30 pm
NOBLE HIGH SCHOOL
388 Somersworth Rd.
North Berwick, ME 03906 Get directions